Small and Medium Businesses are cyber criminals’ favourite prey
Secure and manage your network with Zyxel and Nebula.
Nearly 70% of SMBs say they have suffered a cyber attack.
There are a number of things you can do to protect yourself against cyber attacks:
- Use strong passwords and change them regularly. A strong password is at least 12 characters long and includes a mix of upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols. You should also avoid using common words or phrases as passwords.
- The following site is a great resource to check Passwords and how long it would take for a computer to hack Check Password Here
- Implement two-factor authentication. Two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of security to your accounts by requiring you to enter a code from your phone in addition to your password when you log in.
- Keep your software up to date. Software updates often include security patches that can help protect you from known vulnerabilities.
- Back up your data regularly. In the event of a cyber attack, having a backup of your data will allow you to restore it and minimize your losses.
- Be aware of phishing scams. Phishing scams are emails or websites that try to trick you into revealing your personal information, such as your password or credit card number. If you receive an email or see a website that looks suspicious, do not click on any links or enter any personal information.
- Train your employees on cyber security best practices. Your employees are your first line of defense against cyber attacks. Make sure they are aware of the risks and how to protect themselves.
In addition to these general tips, there are also specific steps you can take to protect yourself against different types of cyber attacks. For example, if you use public Wi-Fi, you should use a VPN (virtual private network) to encrypt your traffic. And if you store sensitive data on your computer, you should use a password manager to keep track of your passwords and enable file encryption.
This only a small sample of steps to take. Contact us for a free, no obligation consultancy.
Zyxel and Nebula
Zyxel is a Taiwanese multinational networking company that provides innovative and reliable Internet solutions. The company was founded in 1989 and has three research centres, four regional headquarters, and 35 branch offices.
Zyxel offers a wide range of products and services, including broadband access equipment, enterprise networking, wireless networking, security solutions, and cloud services. The company’s products are used by businesses of all sizes, as well as by consumers around the world.
Zyxel is committed to providing high-quality products and services that meet the needs of its customers. The company has a strong focus on research and development, and it invests heavily in new technologies. Zyxel is also committed to environmental sustainability, and it has a number of initiatives in place to reduce its environmental impact.
Zyxel is a leading provider of networking solutions, and the company is well-positioned to continue to grow in the years to come. The company’s products are used by businesses and consumers around the world, and Zyxel is committed to providing high-quality products and services that meet the needs of its customers.
Zyxel Nebula is a cloud-based management platform that allows central management and monitoring your Zyxel devices.
With Nebula, we can can configure, monitor, and troubleshoot your devices from anywhere, at any time. Nebula also provides a number of features that can help you improve the performance and security of your network, including:
- Centralised management: With Nebula, all of your enabled Zyxel devices from a single interface. This makes it easy to configure and monitor your devices, and it also makes it easier to troubleshoot problems.
- Remote management: Nebula allows management of your devices remotely, from anywhere in the world. This is useful if you have devices that are located in remote locations, or if you need to troubleshoot a problem when you are not physically near your devices.
- Automated provisioning: Nebula can automatically provision new devices, saving you time and effort.
- Firmware updates: Nebula can automatically update the firmware on your devices, keeping them up-to-date with the latest security patches and features.
- Network monitoring: Nebula provides detailed network monitoring, so you can see what is happening on your network at all times.
- Security features: Nebula includes a number of security features, such as intrusion detection and prevention, that can help you protect your network from attacks.
Nebula is a powerful and versatile management platform that can help improve the performance and security of your network. If you are looking for a way to centrally manage your Zyxel devices, Nebula is a great option.
Small and Medium Businesses (SMB) are unaware and unprepared for an attack. The result, according to surveys, show 80% pay requested ransom to unlock data and their businesses. SMB are easy prey targeting a treasure trove of data. Your data will be exploited for identity fraud and data crimes.
Information on financial transactions, travel history, purchasing activity, family members’ names, and identity credentials.
The best policy is to trust nobody when dealing with external businesses.
Before blindly opening or responding to emails, following links to websites THINK! Staff training and awareness of threats. How these are delivered and hidden in everyday communications.